I haven't posted in quite a while but I've been staying pretty busy in the backyard. First, I've cleared an entire side of the tennis court including the fence removal.
I may have to rent a Bobcat to rip out this ivy. We plan to use the area to grow edibles so I don't want to poison the soil trying to get rid of it. There are also a few trees I plan to get a professional to take down since they are near a power line and the road. Another view of the cleared area.
Next, I've started removing the previous chicken/rabbit area. The old coop was in terrible condition with a missing roof and tiny fence. This is what the area looked like:
Of course the short little fence was set in concrete which was quite a pain to remove. I dug around the fence and added water around the sides which worked well. I added the corner post first and used it to mark where the other holes should go.
My plan is to add dirt and grass seed to this area soon since it is currently a sand mix and only supports weeds. I have electricity in the stable but no water but that will be a project for next year (if I'm lucky). Here are the rest of the posts I set over the weekend.